Estimated Time: 9 Minutes
The built-in Dropified photo editor gives you as much control as you want when editing photos—from automatically removing backgrounds to total control over how you edit. It’s so easy to get started, anyone can jump right in. Here’s how it works.
To access the Dropified photo editor:
- Log into Dropified.
- From the main Dropified dashboard, navigate to “Saved Products” in the left-hand side menu, underneath the “Products” tab.
- This will take you to a list of the products you have imported from online stores we support drop shipping from.
- Navigate to the product you want to edit the product photo of.
- Click on the product to go to the listing editor.
- Once in the editor, scroll down to the product photo you want to edit.
- Hover over the product photo. You will see a few different buttons.
- Move: Allows you to reorder the product photos.
- Advanced Editor: This will open the photo editor with a number of tools and features for much control over your product photos.
- Simple Editor: This will open the photo with a more limited set of tools that can be used for less intensive editing. This would be used for quicker edits.
- Remove Background: This will open the photo editor with the sole purpose of removing unsightly backgrounds from your product images to make a more uniform look.
- Download: Allows you to download the product photo.
- Delete: Deletes the selected product photo.
How to use the background remover tool in the Dropified Photo Editor
- Select the “Remove Background” button when hovering over the product photo you want to edit.
- Pressing it will open the photo editor and automatically select what it sees as the background of the product photo.
- On the left side of the screen will be the original photo with an outline of what will be cut out. On the right side is a preview of what the photo will look like when the edit is complete.
- If the edits are up to your standards, press done.
- If the selection needs further editing, choose either the green plus button at the top of the screen or the red minus button next to it.
- If the automatic edit removed part of the product, select the green plus and drag your cursor over the area you want in the photo. You should see it automatically update on the right side.
- If the automatic edit displayed more of the background or other areas of the photo than you would like, select the red minus button. Drag your cursor over the area you want removed. You should see the new edits automatically update on the right side of the screen.